Monday, March 8, 2010

SoLC 8/31

The warm weather and bright sunshine really has a siren call. By the time I dismissed my student council students at 3:45 (15 minutes late), tidied the room from the meeting, and went downstairs to make sure the kids had all been picked up, I discovered that I was nearly the last staff member there. The office was locked, the last two teachers were collecting their children, and driving away. I didn't have to be told twice. I made sure the door was locked, packed up my stuff, locked my room, and headed to the other side of the building to see if my husband was done work.

By 4:15 we were driving away from work, the windows in the truck cracked open to let in the fresh air, the sun on our faces. It was so nice to leave work and arrive home while the sun was still rather high in the sky. The air smells fresh, the sun is warm. All my dreams of hanging out in the backyard, gardening, and going for hikes and bike rides will soon be a reality. I can feeling. Ah. The promise of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment