Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SoLC 16/31


A sure sign of spring, the lady bugs have invaded my office. They swarm on the east window. On warm, sunny days (like today) there are 20 or so of them, doing laps around the moulding, bunching on the window, racing across the ceiling... and as the sun goes down they mysteriously disappear. Most of them. There is always one or two who stick around to buzz me or suddenly drop bellow the lamp with a tick and a flutter of wings, scaring the heck out of me. My floor becomes littered with their carcasses. I'll vacuum them up a few times, and then as spring marches on, they'll disappear all together. In the mean time, I herd them away from the dish sink and near drowning in water splashed on the counter, and check the rim of my mug before I take a drink.

1 comment:

  1. There are sure signs of spring here too. In fact, I cleaned-off the rocking chairs on my porch today and talked to Ruth while sitting outside. It was glorious!

    Hope the coming of spring is just as glorious, despite the carcasses you have to clean up.

    ReplyDelete