Monday, March 22, 2010

SoLC 22/31

I love books!
After way more food than we should have eaten at Applebee's, we went next door to Barnes & Nobles. My goal was to pick up a copy of The Maze Runner by James Dashner and a copy of The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I have read The Knife of Never Letting Go and LOVED it. I know that many of my kids will like it if they aren't scared off by the length. I want to read the Maze Runner out loud to my 8th graders. They loved The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner is supposed to be just as good. I picked up those two books and a copy of Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices by Paul Fleischman because April and Poetry month and I think my 7th graders will have fun reading these poems.

I browsed the YA and Children's Sections pulling books, give small exclaims of joy over various titles and putting them back wistfully. Oh how I wish our budget wasn't so tight! You know how you sometimes get those questions, "what would you do with a million dollars"? I would use a lot of it to buy books. Books for my classroom library. Books for me. I love books!

Book stores and libraries are so exciting. There are so many worlds and ideas just waiting to be explored.

No comments:

Post a Comment