Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SoLC 24/31

At the end of staff meeting today my principal picked up the book I'm currently reading (okay, one of the books I'm currently reading) and said, "You should be a book reviewer. You always make me want to read the books you tell me about. I really want to read this one. Why don't you tell everyone about it."

The book is Go and Come Back by Joan Abelove. It's about a native tribe in the Amazonian jungles of Peru. I'm only a few chapters in and really enjoying it. There is so much great information about the culture. I think I have permission to do it with my 7th graders next term- we're studying Peru in Cultures class.

I'm excited about it, but wish I had the time to fully develop a unit surrounding the book. There is so much that I could do, but I know I won't have the time and we won't do Cultures for another four years because of the rotating curriculum.

It really struck me when my principal said I should be a book review. I LOVE to read and am always reading and recommending books to my friends and students. But I've never written any reviews. I've thought about it. I really need to try my hand at writing reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment