Saturday, March 6, 2010

SoLC 6/31 The Promise of Spring

The thermometer reads in the 5os. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. Lady bugs cluster on my window. I'm chained to my desk and a sea of red ink (okay, so I'm actually using orange and purple). Heaving a sigh I cling to the promise of spring and freedom from stacks of essays and quizzes. I long for the time when I can spend a warm afternoon in the backyard lost in a fictional world brought to life in paper and ink.

I am restive. I alternate marking quizzes with surfing the internet for grad schools and teaching jobs that might pay more and allow for more time to work on a masters degree. The stack of "easily" graded papers dwindles with the setting sun, but the stack of essays and short stories continues to loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment