Friday, March 26, 2010

Slice of Life 26/31

Driving home I was thinking about my day and what I would write about for today's Slice of Life. I'd just had two great days with my classes. Handling situations well, great activities and discussions about Lord of the Flies with my 8th graders, and a fun evening watching my students perform in Willy Wonka, Jr.

I had decided I was going to write something about how proud I was of my 8th grade boys: the ones who sang and acted so well in Willy Wonka and the ones who impressed me with their grown-up and helpful behavior selling tickets, snacks, and handing out programs, when I walked into the house and saw the large white envelope on the counter.

There it was, my very first ARC, advanced reader copy. This year I struck up a friendship with author Cynthia Lord. Her new book, Touch Blue is out from Scholastic in August and she had told me she would send me a copy when her galleys arrived. I am so excited to have it and can't wait to read it. I also can't wait to share it with my 7th graders. We just started Cindy's first book, Rules and the girls are loving it. I know that we will love Touch Blue.

I've been wanting to start writing book reviews, maybe this should be my first.

No comments:

Post a Comment