Monday, March 28, 2011

SOLS 28 of 31

I try to ignore the numbers ticking away in the lower right hand corner of my screen. This packet must be completed because my sixth graders are being introduced to the project tomorrow. Why do I always get my best ideas at the last minute? I think I've got everything thought through and organized, but we'll find out once things get under way.

I curse the clock. I'm pleased with the packet I've just put together, but I still have 5 character analysis essays to proof read and 7 research papers to grade. My eyes are starting to burn and I'm having trouble focusing. I've been sitting in this chair since dinner and I've been doing school work ALL day. I'm tired. My body is tired and my brain is tired. I'm going to having to let the essays go once again. How are my 8th graders going to get their final drafts done if I can't get their rough drafts proofed and back to them? I've already moved the due date once. I can't move it again, the term ends Friday and we finished the novel weeks ago. We've got to move on to poetry.

The lines from Robert Frost are running through my head
...and miles to go before I sleep,
and miles to go before I sleep.

However, I'm going to take my own advice to my coworker: sometimes you just have to accept that things are going to be left undone and get some sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're thinking in poetic terms already. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the pressure of time, and the stress building. Lines from Robert Frost add the sleepiness. I am glad that you took your friend's advice.
    Terje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just have to stop. Only so much time.

    ReplyDelete