Saturday, March 12, 2011

SOLS 12 of 31

I fumbled with the strings and within minutes my finger tips where screaming in pain. I almost stopped, but I knew I shouldn't. After a few more minutes the sharp pain dulled to a sore pressure and the chords that I once knew where coming back to me. I messed around for a while, fingering through chords, but feeling that they weren't forming recognizable songs, but I stuck with it.

It's been a couple years since I did more than move the guitar case so I could vacuum the floor. If I want to make any progress I need to keep at it. So before I meet with the music teacher at school for my first lesson in two weeks, I better get those callouses built up and get those chords back in my head.

5 comments:

  1. It's inspiring to learn something new. I liked the way you started this, I thought you were tangled up in something, & guess you were, just not what I imagined. Good for you for starting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you. Your first line grabbed my attention. The personification really caught my eye and I had a feel for the newness. :)MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how rusty you can get in such a short amount of time. I could relate when you talked about doing more then moving the case to vacuum...I feel the same way about my piano. You may have inspired me to tickle the ivories again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could so feel your pain! I have a guitar I vacuum around, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I string my guitar, I always have this nightmare of the tightened string snapping and getting me in the face. I always have that thought. But it never stops me from stringing it up.
    I'm always happy to see another guitar player.
    Take care and play some music!
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete