Monday, January 17, 2011

The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet

The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named HamletThe Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Erin Dionne has a gift for creating realistic middle school characters. I loved Celeste and her friends in Models and just as I agonized with her through her trials as an 8th grader struggling to find herself and her place, I loved and agonized with Hamlet and her struggle. While her struggle was similar- trying to find where she fit- her personality and situation where so completely different. The message of this book encouraged me, and I'm not 13 anymore!

I am so thankful to have Erin's books on my classroom bookshelf. They are books that I will book talk with each class. I'm thrilled that almost all of my 8th graders have already read these books. I'm very much looking forward to Erin's visit to our school next month, and am anxiously awaiting her third book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment