Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

Fixing DelilahFixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I'm so glad I had a snow day to sit and read this book! Once I met Delilah Hannaford, I wanted to stay with her until the end to see her through the confusion and mystery of her summer. Everything that Delilah thought she knew about herself and her family begins to unwind with one phone call from her aunt. Over the course of the summer she rediscovers herself and her family. This beautifully crafted story shows the complexity of family relationships, the value of strong women, and the importance of holding your head up, risking love, and moving forward in the face of brokenness. The characters are complex and real. The language is beautiful. Upon finishing the book I immediately wanted to see where all the characters were in a year.

This is Sarah's second novel. I loved Twenty Boy Summer and have been looking forward to reading Fixing Delilah. I was not at all disappointed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment