Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney

The Mockingbirds (The Mockingbirds, #1)The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a book that is important for young adults to read. It deals with a difficult topic-date rape, and gives an important message: the absence of "no" does not mean "yes"; and to the victim- it's not your fault. This is a book that will be in my library if ever I teach high school.

I loved the main character Alex. Her vivid imagination was a fun addition to a serious story and gave her some real depth. As a teacher it made me sad that the adults were so unwilling to face the reality of what the students at Themis Academy dealt with. The character of Miss Damata was a saving grace to the profession.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment