Thursday, June 9, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie

Matched (Matched, #1)Matched by Ally Condie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was the last read aloud with my 8th grade class this year. We snagged every bit of available reading time- even the 10 minutes before graduation started! On the last day of school I was trying to finish it, reading through part of dismissal, but we just couldn't make it. One of the girls asked her mom if she could have the entire class (all 7 of them) over for a pool party the next day so that I could finish the book. Her mom agreed, so this afternoon, I left my end of the year teacher meeting and drove over to Haley's house. After swimming with them for a while, hanging out, and eating homemade pizza, the girls drapped themselves over Haley's bed while I sat on the couch and finished the book.



We really enjoyed this story. It is one of those books that at first seems so simple, yet as you near the climax, just enough layers are peeled away so that you begin to get a glimpse of how complex the society really is and you want to know more. There are so many aspects of this story that I appreciated. There is much depth and complexity to the culture. I really look forward to Crossed being released in the fall. Anyone who is a fan of Lauren Oliver's Delirium or Lois Lowery's The Giver, will enjoy this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment