1. This felt like a long and a short week all in one. We only had three days of academics because Tuesday was Fine Arts Day and Thursday was a field trip to the Roger Williams Zoo. It was hard to get stuff done and I'm tired!!
2. The trip to the zoo was AWESOME! I had so much fun! I really had a great time with the girls. I only have 5 girls in my class, and as my other chaperones where dads, I got the girls. At first I wasn't looking forward to it because this has been a tough year with several of them. Only one of them ever talks to me of her own accord. And one of them has said some pretty brutal things about me. But we had a great time together and today was a very different day with them. Getting to hang out together out side of the classroom made a real difference in our relationship, I believe.
3. Today was a really fun day. Matt Huffman, a guy that has come to the school for 5 years now to lead Spiritual Emphasis Week, made a surprise visit at lunch time with pizza for the 8th grade. I knew he was coming, so told the kids we had a special surprise today. I had so much fun with them this morning as they tried to figure out what and when the surprise was! I wouldn't give them very many clues. It was killing them to not know! But they were really excited to see Matt and to get free pizza!
4. We got our new truck this week! Okay, so it's used, but it is new to us. It's a cute little Ford Ranger. I really like it and can't wait to drive it. John has been joking that it's my new truck, not his! It's forest green, so just a little darker than the F250. Tonight John got home before I did and parked in my spot next to the truck. So the two trucks are parked side-by-side: FrankenTruck and Son of FrankenTruck. We're still not sure what we're going to do with FrankenTruck. We were talking about donating it, but now John is talking about trying to fix it.
5. Tomorrow we go up to New Hampshire for the afternoon. Jenn Streeter is graduating from PSU tomorrow. She was a fourth grader in my very class. Boy do I feel old! It's weird to think about the fact that she is now the age that I was when I first had her in class!