Sunday, February 6, 2011

Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool

Moon Over ManifestMoon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book completely deserves the Newbery Medal and a place on every bookshelf. I was quickly drawn into the world of Manifest, Kansas and the lives of the people living there. The story is beautifully crafted. When I read a book, especially a YA book, I'm looking at many different things. Among them are ways that I can use the book in my classroom to help my students understand life and the world around them. This book show not only a window in the history of our nation and the individuals that make up our nation and our history, but also the importance of story.

I'm looking forward to adding this to my collection.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment