Sunday, December 26, 2010

Book-A-Day

There are many who are trying the book-a-day challenge this vacation. Does it count if I'm doing it informally? I didn't set aside a stack of 12 books, but I'm trying to do as much reading as I can: I had a stack from the library that I wanted to get through and so far I've succeeded. I haven't quite done a book-a-day, but pretty close. Of course I also have papers to correct for school and lessons to plan.

What I've read so far:
Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholls
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Hang a Thousand Trees with Ribbons by Ann Rinaldi (read in companion with The Complete Writtings of Phillis Wheatley)

What I've reading now:
A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz

What I'm Will Probably read next:
Of Monsters and Men by Patrick Ness ( started this one a while ago and need to get back to it)
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (another that I started a while ago and need to get back to)

Also on my To-Read Pile:
The Secrets of Serised by Renee Hurteau
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Countdown by Deborah Wiles
Another Pan by Daniel and Dana Nayeri
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadful by Steve Hockensmith
Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Ben Winters
It's Like This, Cat by Emily Neville
As Easy as Falling off the Face of the Earth by Lynn Rae Perkins
You Know Where to Find Me by Rachel Cohn
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
City of Ashes by Cassandra Claire
Dibs: In search of Self by Virginia Axline
Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
Out of My Mind by Susan M. Draper
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton
That Crumpled Paper Was Due Last Week by Ana Homayoun
and of course a re-read: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

Kelly Fineman is going to do a chapter by chapter blog of Pride and Prejudice starting January 1. I've been wanting to read Pride and Prejudice, so I think I might try to join her.

No comments:

Post a Comment