Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's been a while- Slice of Life

It's been a while since I've posted a slice of life. My schedule this year is crazy busy and I've been swamped and exhausted. One of my 8th graders today summed up nicely what I would love to be able to do.

Our first Scholastic Book Club order of the year came in yesterday after school. Only three kids had ordered, but I had ordered some for the classroom and got several free books to boot. I excitedly shared with them the new treasures and then stepped back and said, take what you want. They descended like ravenous wolves. Usually I say "who want's this," and hand them out- got to remember to do that next time. Luckily no lives were lost!

We then got talking about Rick Riordin's new books and before we knew it, it was time to head to chapel. H sighed and said, "Can we just talk about books all day?"

Oh, H. If only. I, too, would be happy.

At the end of the day H snagged the three Margaret Peterson-Haddox Missing Books off the shelf and stuffed them into her backpack with three other books from my library. "Six books!" I said, "Are you going to get any homework done tonight?"

"I got all my homework done. I can't wait to read!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy...he gets an A just for that joy-for-reading enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love to hear about enthusiasm for reading. It always gives me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the addiction of a good book. I need to get that habit again!

    ReplyDelete