1. At 5:45 this morning my dad passed away. My brother was at his side, whispering in his ear praise for the amazing husband, father, teacher, and friend that he has been. I can't help but believe that at the same time he was hearing my brother's praise for his life on Earth, he was hearing God welcome him into heaven. I am grieving, yet I know that he is no longer suffering and I will see him again one day. I went to school today. I know that he would have wanted me to do that. I felt that was a way that I could honor his memory.
2. I've not been writing or blogging much lately. Life has been so crazy with Dad's illness and school. I need to write. It will help me process everything. I need to carve out the time.
3. This morning after I told my freshman homeroom about my dad, one of my boys came up to me and said, "You need a hug." then gave me a gentle hug. It was very sweet. The two Korean exchange students each came up to me a grasped my hands for a moment. Another girl came and gave me a hug. These kids have known me for two weeks. I was very touched my their compassion. They are great kids.
4. I still feel the tug of war of the demands of school (correcting and planning) and the need to be with my family. I know that everyone understands if I'm with my family, but I'm falling farther behind in my school work and that is frustrating to me.
5. I have an amazing husband. He has been doing the house work, shopping, and cooking; he just build a bench for us to use as a coffee table until he designs and builds a real coffee table, and he has been so gentle and compassionate as I deal with the death of my dad. He hasn't found a job yet, but he's still looking, and this morning he received a commission to build two pieces for my principal and his wife.