Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Reading Update 7/14

MG/YA Books for School
A Break with Charity: A Story About the Salem Witch Trials by Ann Rinaldi
Nothing But the Truth by Avi
Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
Soldier's Heart by Gary Paulsen
Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt (re-read)
Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements
When Zachary Beaver Came to Town by Stephanie Willis Holt

MG/YA Books for Fun
The Skin I'm In by Sharon G. Flake
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Willlow by Julia Hoban
Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell
Word After Word After Word by Patricia MacLachlan
Borrowed Names: Poems about Laura Ingalls Wilder, Madam C.J. Walker, Marie Curie and Their Daughters by Jeannine Atkins
The Dreamer by Pam Munoz Ryan and Peter Sis

Grown- Up Non Fiction for School
Images of America: Sorcery in Salem by John Hardy Wright

I think I'm keeping up pretty well with my average of a book a day, but in looking at this list I realize I've been very heavy on the MG/YA books. There are so many good ones out there! It doesn't feel as though my To-Read stack is dwindling that much and I keep coming across books I want to get from the library. Yesterday I compiled a list of MG/YA books that deal with prejudice that I want to check out for the possibility of using in literature circles next year. I also made a list of novels in verse. I love the idea of novels in verse and I've already read several in the past year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment